About Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh
Healthwatch will give people a powerful voice locally and nationally. At a local level, Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh will work to help local people get the best out of their health and social care services. Whether it’s improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Local Healthwatch is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services. Not just the people who use them right now, but anyone who might need to use services in future.
What is Healthwatch?
- Every voice counts when it comes to shaping the future of health and social care.
- Tell us about your good and bad experiences of services, we collect all your comments and build them into a database.
- If you are experiencing problems accessing or communicating with health and care services, get in touch we can help you with information and advice.
- We use your evidence you give us to build a true picture of your local services and make sure the information is given to the people who have the power to change things.
- We’re engaging with people in your community & if you haven’t met us yet, please get in touch! We’re helping you to shape and improve the services you use.
- We’re an open organisation and want to make it easy for you to talk to us. We’re inclusive & we want people from every part of your community to join us.
Office opening hours
Monday to Thursday 10:00 am until 3:00 pm
We also operate a 24 hour answer service.
**Please note our new address and phone number**
Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh
Dobson Park Way
Ince In Makerfield
Tel : 01942 834 666
Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh Governance Structure
Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh is a managed project of VOICE local registered charity number 1157070. It has 15 Trustees elected by the membership of both Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh and Healthwatch Bolton. Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh also has a Local Committee made up of 10 appointed and elected members.